You would think that we would slow down a little bit but it seems like that is not the case. Since we had the graduations at the end of October, regular classes have come to an end but there has still been much activity with the schools. There was Vacation Bible School at both of the schools in November and they were both well attended with kids from the school and also kids from the communities at large. There was a medical clinic at Zapote for a week that saw many patients. The 4 doctors, 3 dentists and 15 helpers from Kids Alive saw students and people from the school for 2 days and then spent 2 more days focusing on the needs of the community. There were about 150 to 175 people that came through the clinic each day. There was also a registration day at each school to enroll next years students.
After everything else settled down, it was time to begin the celebrations. November concluded with a time of celebrating for the two schools, the Church and all of the staff. There was a time of gift giving and celebrating the advent of Jesus and the blessing that each of them is to our community.
There is still work to be done. Even though school is out and the teachers are at home for their break, there are preparations to make for next year. Budgets need to be finalized and next years staff has to be hired. Books need to be purchased and the plans need to be finalized. There is a lot to do and there is a deadline. The two weeks at the end of the year are staff vacation so all of their work needs to be done before mid-December. While is is often the less noticed tasks that have to be done at this time of year, they are important so that they schools can function smoothly next year.
Please be in prayer for all of us as we end the year.
- Pray that the work that needs to be done will get done in a timely and smooth manner and that it would be stress free.
- Pray for wisdom in the hiring and planning for the coming school year that we would have the teachers and staff God has called to each school .
- Pray that He would bring the students that we are to work with in the coming year.
- Pray for peace and times of restoration for each of us. It has been a long and busy year. We need rest and we need time to deepen our relationships with family and friends.
- Pray for renewed vision for the Church and for all of those involved in our work.
- Pray for the finances to meet the needs of the coming year and for faith not to stress as we wait for them.
- Pray for the teams that God would bring to us and for each member that is coming in 2016
We are grateful for your prayers and also for your financial support. This work only gets done because you partner with us to fulfill God's vision for making disciples in Zapote, Membrillal and San Lucas. If you would like to contribute financially, please visit our sponsors pages located at the top of the blog.
Thank you all and have a very blessed Christmas.